By Leslie H Stennes; Michigan State University. African Studies Center
Read Online or Download A reference grammar of Adamawa Fulani PDF
Similar grammar books
This e-book unifies the research of definite non-finite domain names, concentrating on topic licensing, contract, and Case and regulate. It proposes a minimalist research of English gerunds which permits just a null topic seasoned (TP-defective gerunds), a lexical topic (gerunds as enhances of conception verbs), or either sorts of topics (clausal gerunds).
Each linguistic idea has to come back to grips with a basic estate of human language: the lifestyles of exceptions, i. e. phenomena that don't stick with the normal styles one observes differently. The contributions to this quantity speak about and exemplify quite a few methods to exceptionality inside of diverse formal and non-formal frameworks.
This research bargains with interactional strategies in conversational discourse, and how they could get 'syntacticized' into grammatical buildings. It investigates the hyperlink among discourse functionality and syntactic shape, and the ways that grammatical shape is a mirrored image on communicative functionality, via interpreting the communicative features of Left-Dislocation in English.
- Constructional Change in English: Developments in Allomorphy, Word Formation, and Syntax
- Rhyme and Reason: An Introduction to Minimalist Syntax
- The Derivational Residue in Phonological Optimality Theory (Linguistik Aktuell Linguistics Today)
- The Briefest English Grammar and Punctuation Guide Ever!
- Explorations In Nominal Inflection (Interface Explorations)
Extra resources for A reference grammar of Adamawa Fulani
Do Do you like milk 2. max Max will go home 3. Let let go 4. indd 27 Lesson 7 Grammar Practice Book 7/21/06 11:40:31 AM Name Exclamations Look at the picture. Write exclamations to go with the picture. Lesson 7 1. 2. 3. 4. indd 28 Grammar Practice Book 7/10/06 4:27:43 PM Nouns: People or Places Name Write a noun to complete each sentence. Lesson 8 1. Mom went to the . 2. Dad is at the . 3. I like Ross and . 4. We went camping at the 5. Tess and are here now. indd 29 . Grammar Practice Book 7/19/06 4:21:56 PM Name Look at each picture.
Complete each sentence using a special name from the box. Write each special name correctly. 1. likes to fish. 2. helps pets get well. 3. We met sings for our class. 4. indd 43 Grammar Practice Book 7/21/06 11:40:49 AM Special Names and Titles for People Name Write a letter to a friend. Tell about yourself and your family. Write special names and titles correctly. indd 44 Grammar Practice Book 7/10/06 4:28:11 PM Special Names of Places Name Circle the special names of places. Write each special name correctly.
4. The ____ ran fast. indd 35 Grammar Practice Book 8/22/06 3:13:03 PM Nouns: Animals or Things Name Circle the nouns. Then write four sentences. Use a noun from the box in each sentence. dig hand raft dog has sled Lesson 9 fox map soft 1. 2. 3. 4. indd 36 Grammar Practice Book 7/21/06 11:12:58 AM One and More Than One Name Write each group of words correctly. Lesson 10 1. two ball 2. one hands 3. one masks 4. two egg 5. one bumps 6. two sled 7. one moths 8. indd 37 Grammar Practice Book 7/21/06 11:40:34 AM One and More Than One Name Write the word that names each picture.